This vegan pasta salad is packed with flavor and color and drizzled with a fabulous sesame soy dressing. Ready in 15 minutes.
Don’t you just love all the color in this dish?
I love that this vegan pasta salad adds all this beautiful color, freshness and flavor to pasta, turning it into a gorgeous, colorful, high nutrient, power meal.
Since pasta salad is typically served cold, this is an ideal meal to whip up quickly and keep in the fridge so that your next few meals are covered.
It’s filling, satisfying, and tasty as all heck. Not to mention that this meal comes together in the time it takes you to cook the pasta. Now that’s what I call fast food.
It’s also perfect to take along to picnics, bbq’s and any outdoor event.
If you love pasta (and salad) then also check out our vegan macaroni salad.
How To Make Vegan Pasta Salad
Full instructions and measurements can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is just a summary of the process.
- Put your pasta on to cook according to package instructions. While the pasta is cooking chop up your fresh veg.
- As soon as the pasta (regular or gluten-free) is finished cooking, simply drain it, rinse it under cold water, drain again and then add it to a serving dish.
- Add sesame oil, soy sauce, maple syrup, crushed garlic and dried basil and oregano to a measuring jug and whisk together.
- Add the chopped veggies on top of the pasta and toss everything together.
- Pour the sauce over the top and toss everything to combine.
- Stir in the vegan mayonnaise (optional), and your pasta salad is ready to serve.
What Kind of Pasta Is Best For Pasta Salad?
We used bowtie pasta and that worked great in this salad, but penne, shells, elbow, fusilli would also all work great in this recipe.
Make Ahead & Storing
This salad is great to make up ahead of time as it actually just gets even better after a few hours chilling in the fridge! So if you need to make it the day before, that works really well for this.
Keep your leftovers stored in the fridge and enjoy within around 5 days. It is not freezer friendly.
More Vegan Salad Recipes
- Vegan Quinoa Salad
- Vegan Couscous Salad
- Marinated Tofu Salad
- Vegan Caesar Salad
- Vegan Chickpea Salad
- Vegan Greek Salad
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a comment and rating below!
Vegan Pasta Salad
For the Salad:
- 2 Medium Stalks Celery
- 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Medium Yellow Bell Pepper
- 2 Green Onions
- 20 Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Small Cucumbers
- 20 Green Olives
For the Pasta:
- 16 ounces Bowtie Pasta (450g) Dry Weight, or Penne, Shells, Elbow, Fusilli
For the Sesame Soy Dressing:
- ¼ – ½ cup Vegan Mayonnaise
- Fresh Parsley for serving
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop up the celery, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, spring onions and cucumber. Cut the cherry tomatoes and olives in half.
- Prepare the dressing by adding the sesame oil, soy sauce, maple syrup, crushed garlic and dried basil and oregano to a jug and mixing together.
- When the pasta is cooked, rinse and drain it and add to a serving dish. Then pile on all the raw veggies on top and mix in together.
- Pour over the dressing and combine.
- Then add the vegan mayonnaise (optional) and mix together.
- Keep it covered in the fridge where it will keep very well for a few days.
- Mayonnaise: The amount of mayonnaise you use just depends on how creamy you want it to be. Mix in ¼ cup first and then see if you’d like to add more.
- Gluten-free: To make this salad gluten-free simply use a gluten-free pasta and use a gluten-free soy sauce or switch for tamari.
- Nutritional information includes ¼ cup of vegan mayonnaise.
- This recipe was first published in October 2016.