Creamy vegan pea soup. Vibrant, colorful and high in protein and fiber this soup makes a wonderful appetizer that is also super quick and easy. Gluten-Free.
- Add the olive oil to a pot along with the chopped onion, garlic, thyme and oregano and sauté until the onions are softened.
- Add in the frozen peas and toss up with the onions and spices.
- Add in the vegetable stock and coconut cream and bring to the boil. Cook until the peas are firm but tender.
- Blend up the soup ideally using an immersion (handheld) blender or by transferring the soup in stages to the blender jug and blending it and then return it to the pot.
- Add sea salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve with a swirl of coconut cream and a sprinkle of ground black pepper (optional).
*You can use a can of full fat coconut milk instead of coconut cream but your soup will be a little bit thinner.
- Category: Appetizer, Savory, Gluten-Free
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 4)
- Calories: 402
- Sugar: 12.7g
- Sodium: 662mg
- Fat: 25.5g
- Saturated Fat: 18.1g
- Carbohydrates: 33.6g
- Fiber: 9.8g
- Protein: 12.2g
Keywords: vegan pea soup