Making peanut brittle is remarkably similar to making honeycomb crunchies!
You most definitely need to own a sugar thermometer to get the job done right.
And it’s a bit of stirring work, hot stirring work – you’re working with boiling sugar after all. And you definitely need to have ALL your ingredients and dishes and anything else ready before you start. Once that sugar is bubbling away you have no time to do anything other than stir like crazy.
But wow, it’s worth it! And other than some frantic stirring, as long as you have a sugar thermometer (I’ll say it again – you gotta!) it’s pretty easy!
The result is a peanut flavored honeycomb textured dream dessert!
Isn’t it awesome to be able to make your own candy?
This peanut brittle recipe is a simple ingredient mix of sugar, golden syrup or corn syrup (I used golden, I love the flavor!), salt, water, peanuts (salted – the sweet and salty thing is a total winner here), vegan butter and baking soda! Simple ingredients, a simple recipe and an outstandingly delicious result!
The hardest part is stirring vigorously so the sugar mix doesn’t burn. Once you get that boiling sugar mix to the right temperature on your candy thermometer, it’s just a case of whipping it off the heat, stirring in the baking soda and vegan butter and pouring it quickly out onto a baking sheet (sprayed with non-stick spray) and spreading it as thin as you can as fast as you can. It’s really that easy.
You will love this vegan peanut brittle recipe! It is:
- Deliciously sweet
- Slightly salty
- Packed with peanuts and peanut flavor
- Homemade candy!
A nice sized piece of this makes an awesome snack or dessert!
So let us know what you think of this vegan peanut brittle! Leave us a comment! And if you make it, pop back and rate the recipe and let us know how it worked out. Tag any pics #lovingitvegan on instagram so we don’t miss them!
Definitely sign up to our mailing list! You’ll get a free recipe ebook with 10 awesome recipes and you’ll stay updated with all the latest recipe postings too.Print
Deliciously sweet and crunchy vegan peanut brittle. This fabulous homemade peanut brittle is slightly salty, packed with peanuts and wonderful as a dessert.
- 1 cup (200g) White Sugar
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Golden Syrup (or Corn Syrup)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Water
- 1 cup (150g) Salted Peanuts
- 2 Tbsp (30g) Vegan Butter
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Measure out the peanuts, vegan butter and baking soda and set aside for easy access later.
- Place the sugar, syrup, salt and water into a heavy bottomed pot. Turn the heat to medium high (about 1 less than maximum, so if it goes to 6, turn it up to 5) and heat, stirring all the while, until the sugar is completely dissolved and and beginning to boil.
- Set up your sugar thermometer and add the peanuts. Stir vigorously until the mixture reaches 300°F, the hard crack stage. Immediately remove from the heat and stir in the vegan butter and baking soda. Work quickly here as the mixture will want to start setting, so speed is important. When you add the baking soda the mix will bubble up, so be very careful.
- Immediately transfer the mixture to the baking sheet. Use a spatula or two forks pulling from opposite ends to try and spread the mixture out as far as possible so you get a nice thin candy.
- Place into the fridge to cool and when cold, place the bottom of a knife onto the candy and lightly tap the knife with a hammer, cracking the candy gently into pieces.
*Recipe adapted from All Recipes.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Piece (of ~16)
- Calories: 133
- Sugar: 18.6g
- Sodium: 188mg
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrates: 20.1g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 2.2g