Deliciously sweet and crunchy vegan peanut brittle. This fabulous homemade peanut brittle is slightly salty, packed with peanuts and wonderful as a dessert.
- 1 cup (200g) White Sugar
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Golden Syrup (or Corn Syrup)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Water
- 1 cup (150g) Salted Peanuts
- 2 Tbsp (30g) Vegan Butter
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Measure out the peanuts, vegan butter and baking soda and set aside for easy access later.
- Place the sugar, syrup, salt and water into a heavy bottomed pot. Turn the heat to medium high (about 1 less than maximum, so if it goes to 6, turn it up to 5) and heat, stirring all the while, until the sugar is completely dissolved and and beginning to boil.
- Set up your sugar thermometer and add the peanuts. Stir vigorously until the mixture reaches 300°F, the hard crack stage. Immediately remove from the heat and stir in the vegan butter and baking soda. Work quickly here as the mixture will want to start setting, so speed is important. When you add the baking soda the mix will bubble up, so be very careful.
- Immediately transfer the mixture to the baking sheet. Use a spatula or two forks pulling from opposite ends to try and spread the mixture out as far as possible so you get a nice thin candy.
- Place into the fridge to cool and when cold, place the bottom of a knife onto the candy and lightly tap the knife with a hammer, cracking the candy gently into pieces.
*Recipe adapted from All Recipes.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Piece (of ~16)
- Calories: 133
- Sugar: 18.6g
- Sodium: 188mg
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrates: 20.1g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 2.2g