The best vegan peanut butter cups ever! Rich and creamy peanut butter centers smothered in rich chocolate and topped with crushed peanuts.
- 1 cup (250g) Peanut Butter
- 2/3 cup (80g) Powdered Sugar
- 2 and 1/2 cups (438g) Vegan Chocolate or Vegan Chocolate Chips*
- 1 oz (28g) Roasted Salted Peanuts (Crushed, for Topping)
- Line a cupcake tray with cupcake liners.
- Place 1 and 1/2 cups (263g) of the vegan chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second intervals, bringing it out to stir every 30 seconds until completely melted. If the chocolate is a little thick then add in a teaspoon of coconut oil and stir it in, it will make the chocolate easier to work with.
- Spoon chocolate evenly into the cupcake liners, lining the bottoms and then using a small brush to brush the chocolate up the sides of the cupcake liners. Place into the freezer for the chocolate to set.
- While the chocolate bases are setting, add the peanut butter and powdered sugar to a bowl and mix together. It will be very thick, just keep mixing until the powdered sugar has all been mixed smoothly into the peanut butter.
- When the chocolate bases have set, divide the peanut butter mixture evenly between them, using all of it. Then use a spoon to smooth the peanut butter mixture down evenly.
- Melt the remaining 1 cup (175g) of vegan chocolate and then spoon it out over the top of the peanut butter centers, smoothing it out with a teaspoon, and then return the tray to the freezer to set. This will close off your peanut butter cups so they are entirely chocolate coated.
- When the chocolate has set, sprinkle crushed peanuts over the top.
- Keep leftovers refrigerated as once the chocolate has been melted it is no longer tempered and will melt easily once removed from the fridge.
*You can use either vegan chocolate chips or any vegan chocolate broken into pieces. If you are measuring by cups only (not weighing it), then it would be a heaped cup of chocolate squares, or a level cup of chocolate chips.
*This recipe was first published in August 2016 but has been updated with new photos and an improved method.
- Category: Dessert, Gluten-Free
- Method: By Hand
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 12)
- Calories: 376
- Sugar: 15g
- Sodium: 102mg
- Fat: 29.3g
- Saturated Fat: 12.9g
- Carbohydrates: 22.5g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Protein: 8.4g
Keywords: vegan peanut butter cups