This vegan peanut butter ice cream is super creamy and perfectly textured, rich and decadent and melt-in-your mouth delicious!
My mom made our vegan vanilla ice cream for her non-vegan partner. She doesn’t have an ice cream machine so instead used a hand beater to whip it and then froze it. And her partner said it was the best tasting ice cream he’d ever had.
So it isn’t any exaggeration to say that this peanut butter ice cream is up there with the best of the best.
It is the creamiest, smoothest, most perfectly textured ice cream. It is everything ice cream was meant to be. And it’s vegan. Which is just the coolest thing ever.
So go on and make this ice cream. You will be so happy you did. Vegans, non-vegans, it makes no difference, EVERYONE will love this ice cream.
And if course if you just love all things peanut butter then you’ll love our vegan peanut butter cookies and our vegan peanut butter balls. We also have a gorgeous recipe for peanut butter banana nice cream.
How To Make Vegan Peanut Butter Ice Cream
This is just a quick summary of the method, see the recipe card at the bottom of the post for full instructions and measurements.
I followed my usual ice cream method, which is to heat the ingredients first (with the exception of the peanut butter and vanilla).
This perfectly homogenizes the fats so that you get the perfectly smooth creamy texture. Then I blended it up with the peanut butter and vanilla, and let the mix cool overnight.
Then it’s in the ice cream maker to churn for however long your ice cream maker needs to churn (for me it was just about 20 minutes) until it gets to a thick soft serve consistency.
Freeze it until set. Scoop and serve!
It’s great served in bowls or ice cream cones, whatever you prefer.
Some crushed peanuts and melted peanut butter drizzled over the top is perfect for serving.
It’s ice cream! So it’ll keep for ages in the freezer, BUT it’s still at its best within the first 1-2 weeks. After this there is the possibility that ice crystals may start to develop.
More Delicious Vegan Ice Creams
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream
- Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
- Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream
- Vegan Coconut Ice Cream
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a comment and rating below!
Vegan Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- The night before you want to make ice cream, make sure you put the freezer bowl of your ice cream maker into the freezer to freeze properly.
- Add the coconut milk, coconut cream, sugar and syrup to a pot on the stove and bring to a simmer stirring all the while. When it's gently simmering remove from the heat and add the peanut butter and vanilla.
- Using an immersion blender if you have one, blend it for 30 seconds so that the peanut butter is well mixed in. If you don't have an immersion blender, then transfer it to a blender jug and blend it there, being careful that the lid is on firmly as the mixture will be very hot.
- Transfer the blended mix into a container, cover the container and place into the fridge to chill overnight.
- The next day transfer the mix to your ice cream machine and churn according to manufacturers instructions, about 20-40 minutes until it reaches a thick soft serve consistency.
- Smooth out into a loaf pan, cover with foil and place into the freezer to set (at least 6 hours).
- When you’re ready to serve, let it thaw for a few minutes before scooping.
- Serve with crushed peanuts and melted peanut butter drizzle.
- Prep time does not include time spent chilling/setting.
- Keep it stored in the freezer and enjoy within the first 1-2 weeks.