My mom made one of our ice creams (I think it was the vanilla) for her non-vegan partner. She doesn’t even have an ice cream machine so instead used a hand beater to whip it for ages and then froze it. And her partner reckons it’s the best tasting ice cream he’s ever had.
And then there I was watching ‘Supergirl’ because you know, it’s big fun. And one of the characters has a bet with her girlfriend and if she loses it, she has to try vegan ice cream. Because in her view ‘it’s gross’.
I was just really confused. What do (some) non-vegans think is IN vegan ice cream? What on earth could make it gross? So strange!
It isn’t any exaggeration to say that this peanut butter ice cream is up there with the best of the best! It is the creamiest, smoothest, most perfectly textured ice cream. It is everything ice cream was meant to be. And it’s vegan. Which is just the coolest thing ever.
I followed my usual ice cream method, which is to heat the ingredients first (with the exception of the peanut butter and vanilla). This perfectly homogenizes the fats so that you get the perfectly smooth creamy texture. Then I blended it up with the peanut butter and vanilla, and let the mix cool overnight.
Then it’s in the ice cream maker to churn for however long your ice cream maker needs to churn (for me it was just about 20 minutes) until it gets to a thick soft serve consistency. Then freeze it until set!
Some crushed peanuts and melted peanut butter drizzle is ideal for serving! Just you know, in case you don’t think that’ll be too rich (hint: there’s no such thing as too rich!).
You will love this vegan peanut butter ice cream! It is:
- Ultra Creamy
- Perfectly smooth
- Ideally textured
- Super Rich
- Loaded with peanut butter!
- Deliciously decadent!
It’s ice cream! So it’ll keep for ages in the freezer, though you won’t be likely to keep it around for long. Actually, we have some in the freezer right now, I’m going to go and make myself a cone right away!
So go on and make this ice cream! You will be so damn happy you did! Vegans, non-vegans, it makes no difference, EVERYONE will love this ice cream!
And when you make it, take a pic and tag us #lovingitvegan on instagram so we get to see it. I love love love seeing what you’re making!
For more delicious ice creams, check out a few of our other flavors, like:
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream
- Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
- Salted Caramel Ice Cream
There’s even more flavors! But I’ll leave it there for now! And while you’re here, sign up to our email list for a free recipe ebook and to stay in touch with all our latest recipe postings.Print
Super creamy and perfectly textured vegan peanut butter ice cream. This rich and decadent vegan ice cream is loaded with peanut butter flavor and melt-in-your mouth deliciousness.
- The night before you want to make ice cream, make sure you put the freezer bowl of your ice cream maker into the freezer to freeze properly.
- Add the coconut milk, coconut cream, sugar and syrup to a pot on the stove and bring to a simmer stirring all the while. When it’s gently simmering remove from the heat and add the peanut butter and vanilla. Using an immersion blender if you have one, blend it for 30 seconds so that the peanut butter is well mixed in. If you don’t have an immersion blender, then transfer it to a blender jug and blend it there, being careful that the lid is on firmly as the mixture will be very hot.
- Transfer the blended mix into a container, cover the container and place into the fridge to chill overnight.
- The next day transfer the mix to your ice cream machine and churn according to manufacturers instructions, about 20-40 minutes until it reaches a thick soft serve consistency.
- Smooth out into a loaf pan, cover with tinfoil and place into the freezer to set (at least 6 hours).
- When you’re ready to serve, let it thaw for a few minutes before scooping.
- Serve with crushed peanuts and melted peanut butter drizzle.
*Prep time does not include time spent chilling/setting.
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 10)
- Calories: 371
- Sugar: 20.1g
- Sodium: 156mg
- Fat: 28.8g
- Saturated Fat: 15.7g
- Carbohydrates: 24.7g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 6.7g