Rich and delicious vegan peanut butter bars. This simple 5-ingredient no-bake recipe is ready in 10 minutes and tastes totally divine!
I so love it when recipes are simple. And these vegan peanut butter bars are so perfectly simple.
The actual bars are literally just 4-ingredients, and then you top it with melted chocolate for a total of 5-ingredients. It couldn’t be easier.
And since I just went ahead and bought some cookies to crush up here, I didn’t have to bake anything from scratch. Too easy.
How To Make Vegan Peanut Butter Bars
You will find full instructions and measurements in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a summary of the process to go along with the process photos.
- Crush up some vegan cookies so that you have cookie crumbs. Measure out the right amount and add to a mixing bowl with some powdered sugar.
- Add in some melted vegan butter and peanut butter and mix into a thick batter.
- Spread this down into a parchment lined 9×9 square dish.
- Melt some vegan chocolate and pour it over the top and spread it down evenly. Chill in the fridge to set before cutting into squares.
Top Tips: You can use any vegan cookie that crumbles up nicely and is quite dry. Golden oreos are a good option, as are Digestives (if you’re in the UK) or graham crackers if you’re in the US (just look for ones that don’t contain honey).
Store them in the fridge and they will stay good for at least a week!
Yes, they are wonderfully freezer friendly for up to 3 months!
If you can get a gluten free cookie that crumbles up nicely then you can definitely make these gluten-free too!
More Vegan Bars and Slices
- Vegan Twix Bars
- Vegan Snickers
- Vegan Lemon Bars
- Vegan Rice Krispie Treats
- Vegan Chocolate Brownies
- Vegan Blondies
Vegan Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 and 1/2 cups Cookie Crumbs
- 1 and 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar 180g
- 1 cup Creamy Salted Peanut Butter (250g)
- 1/2 cup Vegan Butter (112g) Melted
- 2 cups Vegan Chocolate Chips (350g)
- Add your cookie of choice (see notes) to a blender or food processor and process into crumbs. Measure out 1 and 1/2 cups and add to a mixing bowl. Add in the powdered sugar and mix together.
- Melt the vegan butter and add it in to the mixing bowl along with the peanut butter and mix in with a spoon until properly mixed. It will be very thick. Line a 9x9 square dish with parchment paper so that there is overhang on the sides (making it easy to lift out). Transfer the cookie mix to the square dish and smooth it down into an even layer. Place into the freezer while you work on your chocolate topping.
- Add the chocolate chips to a microwave safe dish and then melt by microwaving for 30 second intervals, bringing it out to stir every 30 seconds until melted. Pour over the top of the peanut butter layer and smooth down evenly. Place into the fridge to set. It will take around 2 hours to set properly.
- When set, cut into squares. To prevent cracks in the chocolate when you are cutting into squares, dip your knife into hot water, dry it off and then cut. Then dip it again, dry it off again and cut again.
- Keep leftovers refrigerated and enjoy within a week. They are also very freezer friendly.
- You can use any cookie here, like Digestives or Golden Oreos or Vegan Graham Crackers.
- Commercial brands of peanut butter work best in this dessert rather than natural style peanut butters.
- This recipe was originally published in 2017, now updated with clearer text and instructions.