I so love it when recipes are simple. And these vegan peanut butter squares are so perfectly simple.
The actual squares are literally just 4-ingredients, and then you top it with melted chocolate for a total of 5-ingredients. It couldn’t be easier.
And since I just went ahead and bought some cookies to crush up here, I didn’t have to bake anything from scratch. Though that is of course an option!
I found some vegan digestive biscuits (cookies) and used those to crush up for the squares. But golden oreos would do (if they’re vegan where you are), or any cookie that crumbles up easily and is quite dry.
And then it’s just a simple job of mixing the crushed cookies with powdered sugar, peanut butter and some melted vegan butter and bob’s your uncle!
When that’s set, you melt some chocolate and pour it over the top, let it set again, then cut into squares and you have fabulous peanut butter squares!
You will love these vegan peanut butter squares, they are:
- Rich and delicious
- Packed with peanut butter flavor
- Topped with chocolate
- Filled with crunchy cookies
- A perfect treat
Keep them covered in the fridge where they will last up to a week.
So let us know what you think of these peanut butter squares! Leave a comment below and rate the recipe. And if you make it, take a pic and tag us #lovingitvegan on instagram so we don’t miss out on seeing it.
For some other awesome dessert squares, check out:
- Vegan Twix Bars
- Shortbread and Raisin Chocolate Tiffin
- Raw Chocolate Mint Squares
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
While you’re here, sign up for our email list, you’ll get an awesome free ebook, and you’ll stay updated with all our latest recipes!
- 1 and ½ cups (180g) Powdered (Confectioners) Sugar
- 1 and ½ cups Crushed Digestive Biscuits or Golden Oreos*
- 1 cup (250g) Creamy Salted Peanut Butter
- ½ cup (112g) Vegan Butter (Melted)
- 10.5oz (300g) Vegan Chocolate
- Crush the cookies and add to a mixing bowl with the powdered sugar and mix together.
- Melt the vegan butter and then add in along with the peanut butter and mix in by hand until properly mixed. Smooth down into a parchment layered square dish and freeze to set.
- When set, melt the chocolate by breaking into pieces and placing into a microwave safe dish. Microwave for 30 second intervals bringing it out to stir every 30 seconds until melted. Pour over the top and return to the freezer to set.
- When set, cut into squares. Keep leftovers refrigerated.