This vegan peppermint bark has a layer of dark chocolate topped with a layer of vegan white chocolate and crushed candy canes for a wonderfully festive dessert.
For the Dark Chocolate Layer:
For the White Chocolate Layer:
For the Crushed Candy Cane Topping:
- 4 Peppermint Candy Canes (Crushed)
- Break up the dark chocolate into pieces and place in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals bringing it out to stir every 30 seconds until melted.
- Add in the coconut oil and peppermint extract and stir in.
- Pour out onto a parchment lined baking tray and smooth down into a smooth layer. Leave it to set while you work on the white chocolate layer.
- Break up the white chocolate into pieces and place into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals bringing it out to stir every 30 seconds until melted.
- Add coconut oil and peppermint extract and mix in.
- Your dark chocolate layer should be starting to set but still wet on top. This is ideal as you need it to be wet on top for the layers to meld together.
- Pour the melted white chocolate over the top of the dark chocolate layer and smooth down very quickly.
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes over the top.
- Refrigerate until set and then break into pieces. We found the easiest way to break it into pieces was to place the tip of a knife onto the peppermint bark and then gently bash the handle of the knife from the top with a rubber hammer, it breaks it up nicely.
*Taste test and add more peppermint extract if you prefer it stronger. I used more peppermint extract in the white chocolate layer as I felt it needed more for the flavor to really come through.
- Serving Size: 1 Piece (of ~16)
- Calories: 303
- Sugar: 23.1g
- Fat: 20.8g
- Saturated Fat: 15.2g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 2.2g
Keywords: vegan peppermint bark