Amazing vegan peppermint chocolate mousse, the best texture vegan mousse you’ve ever had! In just 5 ingredients too!
- Open a can of chickpeas and drain the water out of the can and into a mixing bowl.
- Add the Cream of Tartar.
- Starting at low speed allow the mix to become very foamy and then gradually increase the speed.
- Let the mixer run until your chickpea brine and cream of tartar mix has reached the stiff peak stage (as pictured above). This can take up to 15 minutes.
- Add the powdered sugar and whisk again until well mixed.
- Melt the chocolate by placing it in a heat proof dish over a pot with some boiling water.
- Fold the melted chocolate into the whipped aquafaba mix being careful to incorporate it slowly, folding it in gently.
- Then add the peppermint extract.
- You will notice that the aquafaba mix collapses a little once the chocolate and peppermint extract are mixed in, don’t worry about this, it’s fine.
- Pour equal amounts of chocolate mousse into serving glasses and place into the coldest part of your refrigerator to set for an hour or two.
- Serve with whipped coconut cream and grated peppermint dark chocolate.
*Nutrition information is based on 1 serve of 4 without coconut cream.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 4)
- Calories: 278
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 25mg
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 5g