These vegan shamrock shakes are the perfect treat for St Patrick’s Day. A delicious minty green vegan milkshake with only 4-ingredients, ready in 5 minutes!
These vegan shamrock shakes are simply perfect for St Patrick’s Day. Which happens to be just around the corner.
So this is perfect timing and these shakes are a serious treat! They are green and gorgeous and the mint green color comes about from a little green food coloring while the minty flavor comes about from a little peppermint extract. Seriously yum.
And if you’re looking for other awesome vegan recipes for St Patrick’s Day then also check out our vegan baileys recipe.
How To Make Vegan Shamrock Shakes
- This is a really simple 4-ingredient recipe.
- Just add some non-dairy milk (we used coconut milk) to your blender jug and then add in some peppermint extract and a little green food coloring.
- Then add some vegan vanilla ice cream and blend until smooth.
- Pour out into two tall glasses and either serve right away or top with some vegan whipped cream and green sanding sugar for a little extra flair!
Non-Dairy Milk: You can really use any non-dairy milk you prefer in this shake. We have made it with coconut milk and soy milk but really any milk will do great, cashew milk and oat milk spring to mind as great options.
Green Food Coloring: We used a ¼ teaspoon of green food coloring to get the luscious color, but if you prefer not to use food coloring, you could use a little spirulina, some fresh mint leaves or a handful of spinach or kale to get the green color. These may change the flavor a tiny bit but not significantly.
Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream: You can use a store-bought brand or make your own homemade vegan ice cream. We have two recipes for ice cream that will work great in this, our vegan vanilla ice cream and our best vegan ice cream recipe.
Vegan Whipped Cream: The whipped cream topping is entirely optional. It does make this very rich. So if you prefer to leave it off that’s also totally fine. It’s wonderful as is. But if you’d like to use a whipped cream topping then use any vegan whipped cream or make your own vegan whipped coconut cream.
Green Sanding Sugar: It’s really easy to make your own sanding sugar to decorate the top of the vegan whipped cream. Just add a quarter cup of white granulated sugar to a jar with a lid. Add a couple of drops of green food coloring to the jar, put on the lid and then shake it up until all the sugar is green. Then sprinkle it over the top of your shakes.
More Delicious Vegan Milkshakes!
- Vegan Oreo Milkshake
- Vegan Peanut Butter Milkshake
- Kahula Milkshake
- Kale Smoothie (That Tastes Like A Milkshake!)
Vegan Shamrock Shake
For the Shakes:
For the Topping (Optional):
- Vegan Whipped Cream
- Green Sanding Sugar
- Add the coconut milk to the blender jug along with the peppermint extract and green food coloring.
- Add in the ice cream and blend until smooth.
- Pour out into two tall glasses and either serve right away or top with vegan whipped cream and green sanding sugar.
- Serve immediately.
- Coconut milk. We used coconut milk (canned, full fat) which worked great in this recipe but we have also tried it with soy milk and that was great too. Any non-dairy milk should work great here. Cashew milk and oat milk come to mind as good options.
- Green sanding sugar. To make your own green sanding sugar just add ¼ cup white granulated sugar to a jar with a lid. Add in a drop or two of green food coloring and shake the jar until all the sugar is green.
- Nutritional information is for the milkshake only, without added toppings.
- This recipe was first published in 2016, now updated with new photos and text.