These vegan shamrock shakes are the perfect treat for St Patrick’s Day. A delicious minty green vegan milkshake with only 4-ingredients, ready in 5 minutes!
For the Shakes:
- 1 cup (240ml) Non Dairy Milk*
- 1/4 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 1/4 tsp Green Food Coloring
- 3 cups (396g) Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream
For the Topping (Optional):
- Whipped Coconut Cream
- Green Sanding Sugar*
- Add the non-dairy milk to the blender jug along with the pepperming extract and green food coloring.
- Add in the ice cream and blend until smooth.
- Pour out into two tall glasses and either serve right away or top with vegan whipped cream and green sanding sugar.
- Serve immediately.
*We used coconut milk (canned, full fat) which worked great in this recipe but we have also tried it with soy milk and that was great too. Any non-dairy milk should work great here. Cashew milk and oat milk come to mind as good options.
*To make your own green sanding sugar just add 1/4 cup white granulated sugar to a jar with a lid. Add in a drop or two of green food coloring and shake the jar until all the sugar is green.
*Nutritional information is for the milkshake only, without added toppings.
*This recipe was first published in 2016, now updated with new photos and text.
- Category: Dessert, Beverage, Gluten-Free
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Shake (of 2)
- Calories: 593
- Sugar: 38.8g
- Sodium: 44mg
- Fat: 36.9g
- Saturated Fat: 31g
- Carbohydrates: 61.1g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 2.3g
Keywords: vegan shamrock shake