Perfectly textured melt-in-the-mouth vegan peppermint patties! These creamy, dreamy peppermint desserts are super easy and fun to make and so delicious!
- Add the powdered sugar to a mixing bowl along with the vegan condensed milk and peppermint extract and mix in until you have a big ball of dough. If it seems like it won’t come together, get in there with your hands and form it into a ball of dough. It will be quite firm and not sticky.
- Break off even pieces of the dough and roll it into balls and place the balls onto a parchment lined baking tray. Then flatten the balls with your hands into flattish rounds. Alternatively you can flatten them with the base of a glass. Place into the freezer for an hour to firm up.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and add to a microwave safe bowl along with the coconut oil. Microwave in 30-second intervals bringing it out to stir every 30-seconds until the chocolate is melted.
- Dip the peppermint patties into the chocolate, using two teaspoons to lift them out and place them back onto the parchment lined baking tray.
- Sprinkle some chocolate jimmies on top if you like (optional) and place into the fridge to set.
- Keep them stored in the fridge and serve directly from the fridge or the chocolate will melt.
*We have a full recipe and instructions for how to make vegan condensed milk in minutes in your blender but you can of course use a ready-made store-bought version of your choice. We tested this recipe with condensed coconut milk and it also worked great!
*I prefer to melt down a high quality vegan chocolate rather than using chocolate chips for this recipe but either will work.
*Prep time for this recipe assumes the vegan condensed milk has already been prepared and doesn’t factor in the time taken to prepare that.
*Keep your peppermint patties stored in the fridge where they will stay good for weeks. You can also store them in the freezer where they will last for months.
*This recipe was first published in March 2018 and now updated with clearer text and instructions.
- Category: Dessert, Gluten-Free
- Method: By Hand
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Peppermint Patty
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 23.9g
- Sodium: 33mg
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated Fat: 5.6g
- Carbohydrates: 27.2g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 1.5g
Keywords: vegan peppermint patties