Creamy and beautifully green vegan pistachio ice cream. Smooth and wonderfully textured with all the pistachio flavor you can dream of!
- At least the night before you want to make ice cream, make sure to place the bowl of your ice cream maker into the freezer to freeze.
- When you’re ready to make your ice cream, add the pistachios to a food processor and process into crumbles.
- Then add the coconut cream, coconut milk, sugar and syrup to a pot and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. As soon as it reaches a simmer, remove from the heat and add in the pistachios crumbles.
- Use an immersion blender to blend it as well as you can and see if it’s smooth enough, if not, then transfer to a blender jug and blend until smooth.*
- Pour it out into a container with a lid and either refrigerate overnight to chill, or if you’re in a hurry, you can place it into the freezer to chill for an hour or two until cold. Just don’t forget it in there!
- When the mixture is chilled, pour it out into your ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer instructions until it reaches soft serve consistency, this can take 20-45 minutes depending on your ice cream maker.
- Transfer the ice cream to a loaf pan and smooth down with the back of a spoon. Cover and freeze until set.
- Scoop and enjoy!
*You can switch the maple syrup for a different kind of syrup.
*If your pistachios are unsalted then add a 1/2 tsp salt to the recipe.
*If you don’t have an immersion blender, then just use the regular blender only.
*It won’t be entirely smooth, no matter how much you blend it, and this is okay. You are just going for as smooth as possible, which is not all the way smooth.
*Prep time does not include the time spent chilling or setting in the freezer.
- Category: Dessert, Gluten-Free
- Method: Churn
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 8)
- Calories: 352
- Sugar: 21.1g
- Sodium: 95mg
- Fat: 26.7g
- Saturated Fat: 16.7g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 4.7g
Keywords: vegan pistachio ice cream