Simple vegan pizza recipe that is thin and perfectly crispy, delicious with any toppings and better than restaurant quality! You’ll want to make all your own pizzas from now on.
For the Vegan Pizza Dough:
- 2 cups (250g) All Purpose Flour
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Instant Yeast
- 3/4 cup (180ml) Warm Water
For the Pizza Sauce:
- 1 cup (260g) Tomato Paste
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Vegan Ricotta Cheese
- Fresh Basil or Baby Spinach Leaves
- Dried basil
- Ground Black Pepper
- Add the flour to a mixing bowl along with the salt and instant yeast and mix together. Add in the warm water and mix into a dough. Flour your hands and knead the dough, adding more flour as needed and kneading until it is no longer tacky and sticking to your hands, depending on how strong your hands are, this will generally be 3-5 minutes of kneading.
- Return the ball of dough to the mixing bowl and cover with a tea towel and leave to rise for 1 hour. Don’t worry if it doesn’t rise a large amount, it doesn’t need to, as long as it has risen a bit, it’s fine.
- Cut out two pieces of parchment paper to roughly match the shape of your pizza stone and then set aside.
- Place the pizza stone into your cold oven at the base of your oven and turn your oven to 465°F (240°C) and let it preheat from cold with the pizza stone inside and let it heat the pizza stone for 1 hour.
- When your dough has risen after 1 hour divide it into two. Don’t compress or squash the dough, just gently break it into two pieces.
- Dust one of the pieces of parchment paper that you cut out with flour and then place one of the balls of dough on top of the parchment paper.
- Roll the dough with a rolling pin to the edges of the parchment paper. Add flour to your rolling pin so it doesn’t stick.
- Add your ingredients for the pizza sauce into a bowl and mix them together. Add half of the pizza sauce to the top of the rolled out pizza and spread it out using the back of a spoon.
- Add chunks of the vegan ricotta on top of the pizza.
- Carefully slide the pizza with the parchment paper underneath it onto a wooden board.
- When the pizza stone has been heating for 1 hour, you’re ready to go.
- Open the oven and carefully slide the pizza and the parchment paper underneath it from the wooden board and onto the hot pizza stone.
- Close the oven and let it bake for 8 minutes. After 8 minutes open the oven and use a spatula to gently lift the pizza and check underneath it, it should be lightly browned underneath and crispy on the edges.
- Get the wooden board and now slide the cooked pizza and parchment paper off the pizza stone and onto your wooden board and remove from the oven. Close the oven again and let it reheat for at least 10 minutes before you repeat the identical process with the second pizza.
- Add fresh basil leaves to the pizza and sprinkle some dried basil and black pepper on top, cut into slices and serve.
*This recipe makes 2 large thin crust pizzas and 16 slices.
*Prep time does not include the time for the pizza dough to rise or the time for the pizza stone and oven to heat.
*Nutritional information includes one full batch of vegan ricotta.
- Category: Entree, Savory
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Slice (of 16)
- Calories: 172
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 416mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2g
- Carbohydrates: 17.8g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 5.3g
Keywords: vegan pizza