This vegan poke bowl features portobello mushrooms in a sesame soy marinade, baked to perfection. Served with rice, veggies and a spicy mayo dressing.
For the Basting Sauce:
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce*
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
For the Mushrooms:
- 6 Portobello Mushrooms
For the Rice:
- 4 cups Cooked Basmati Rice (1 and 1/3 cups uncooked)
Spicy Mayo Dressing:
- 1 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha Sauce
- 1/2 cup (125g) Vegan Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
For the Bowls:
- 1 Small Head Romain Lettuce (Chopped)
- 1 Large Carrot (Peeled and Grated)
- 1 Small Cucumber (Sliced)
- 2 Radishes (Sliced)
- 1 Avocado (Peeled and Sliced)
- 1/3 cup (56g) Pickled Beets (Sliced)
- Pickled Ginger
- Black Sesame Seeds
- Lime Wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Add the ingredients for the basting sauce to a measuring jug and mix together.
- Slice the mushrooms and add them to a bowl, pour over the basting sauce and toss them in the sauce until they’re well coated.
- Place the mushroom slices on a parchment lined baking tray and bake for 10 minutes, keeping an eye on them so they don’t over-cook or burn.
- While the mushrooms are baking, prepare your rice and veggies.
- Add the dressing ingredients to a measuring jug and whisk them together.
- When the mushrooms are cooked, assemble your bowls. Start with a bed of rice, then add lettuce, grated carrot, cucumber, radishes, avocado, beets and mushroom slices.
- Top with pickled ginger, black sesame seeds and lime wedges.
*Switch the soy sauce for tamari or make sure to use a gluten-free soy sauce if you’d like this meal to be gluten-free.
*If you have leftover rice from another meal then you can save time in preparing this recipe. Or get rice from a nearby restaurant to save time.
*If you have leftover ingredients, store them separately in the fridge and then assemble bowls again when you’re ready. Leftover ingredients will keep for a few days in the fridge.
- Category: Entree, Savory, Gluten-Free
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Bowl (of 4)
- Calories: 604
- Sugar: 16.1g
- Sodium: 733mg
- Fat: 35.3g
- Saturated Fat: 3.9g
- Carbohydrates: 66.8g
- Fiber: 7.9g
- Protein: 7.5g
Keywords: vegan poke bowls