Rich and fragrant vegan potato curry that is absolutely delicious served as is or over rice or with some vegan naan. Super simple recipe with mouthwatering results.
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Minced Ginger
- 4 tsp Garam Masala (or Curry Powder)
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 6 Medium Potatoes (Peeled and Chopped, about 1kg/2.2lb)
- 1 15oz (425g) Can Chickpeas (Drained)
- 1 14oz (400g) Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 cup (240ml) Vegetable Stock
- 1 14oz (400ml) Can Coconut Milk (Full Fat)
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar (or Brown Sugar)
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper (To Taste)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro (Chopped, For Serving)
- Add the olive oil to a pot with the chopped onion, crushed garlic, minced ginger, garam masala, paprika, cayenne pepper, cumin, coriander powder and turmeric and sauté until the onions are slightly softened.
- Add the chopped potatoes and chickpeas and toss in the spices until well mixed.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock and coconut milk and stir in.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce heat, cover the pot and simmer until the potatoes are cooked. Test if they’re ready by bringing out a piece of potato and sticking a fork into it to test if it’s fork tender.
- Add coconut sugar, sea salt and black pepper (to taste).
- Serve with chopped cilantro on top and with basmati rice and/or vegan naan bread.
*Leftovers are delicious reheated the next day, so don’t worry if this is a bigger amount than you need for one meal, it’s even more delicious the next day!
*Nutritional information is for the curry only and does not include rice or naan bread.
- Category: Entree, Dinner, Savory, Gluten-Free
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 6)
- Calories: 445
- Sugar: 13.6g
- Sodium: 334mg
- Fat: 20.2g
- Saturated Fat: 10.5g
- Carbohydrates: 58.3g
- Fiber: 8.3g
- Protein: 8.9g
Keywords: vegan potato curry