Creamy and delicious vegan potato leek soup! This hearty and comforting meal is filling, satisfying and will have you coming back for more!
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Large Leeks (white and light green parts only, chopped)
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 6 Medium Potatoes (~2.2lb/1kg) – peeled and chopped
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 4 Cups (960ml) Vegetable Stock/Broth
- 1 14oz (400ml) Can Coconut Cream
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
- Fresh Chives (Chopped)
- Add the chopped onion and leeks to a pot with the crushed garlic and olive oil and sauté until softened. Add in the thyme, rosemary and coriander powder and sauté.
- Add the chopped potatoes, bay leaves and vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover the pot and simmer until the potatoes are soft and cooked.
- Remove from the heat and remove the bay leaves.
- Then add in the coconut cream.
- Blend the soup using an immersion blender for the easiest blending or, if you don’t have an immersion blender, transfer in stages to a blender jug and blend until smooth.
- Add sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve with fresh chopped chives.
*Recipe inspired by Once Upon A Chef.
- Category: Appetizer, Soup, Gluten-Free
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 6)
- Calories: 343
- Sugar: 7.3g
- Sodium: 464mg
- Fat: 16.8g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 44.2g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Protein: 6.2g
Keywords: vegan potato leek soup