Beautifully soft vegan pumpkin cookies drizzled with a maple glaze. This simple recipe is perfectly spiced and perfect for fall!
For the Pumpkin Cookies:
- 1/2 cup (112g) Vegan Butter
- 1/2 cup (100g) White Sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup (75g) Pumpkin Purée (Canned or Fresh)
- 1 and 1/2 cups (190g) All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Salt
For the Maple Glaze:
- Add the vegan butter, white sugar and brown sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer and cream them together and then add in the vanilla and pumpkin purée.
- Then add in the all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and mix in by hand (don’t use the electric mixer for this part).
- It will make a thick cookie dough that is a bit wet, a little too wet to roll with your hands.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Scoop the cookie dough in roughly 2 Tbsp sized scoops out onto a parchment lined baking tray, aiming for around 20 cookies. Flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes. When you remove them from the oven they will be very soft. Let them cool on the tray before moving them.
- Prepare your maple glaze by mixing up the powdered sugar, maple syrup, soy milk and vanilla in a bowl.
- When the cookies have cooled use a teaspoon to drizzle the maple glaze over the cookies.
*You can substitute almond milk or another non-dairy milk for the soy milk if you prefer.
- Category: Baking, Dessert, Cookies
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie (of 20)
- Calories: 135
- Sugar: 14.7g
- Sodium: 118mg
- Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrates: 22.5g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: vegan pumpkin cookies