Smooth and perfectly textured vegan pumpkin ice cream, loaded with pumpkin and pumpkin spice flavor and topped with pecan nuts.
This vegan pumpkin ice cream is ultra creamy and perfectly textured. It’s smooth, rich, and has just the right amount of pumpkin (and pumpkin spice) flavor!
It’s made with pumpkin purée and pumpkin pie spice to really load up the flavor and sweetened with brown sugar and maple syrup for the perfect blend of flavors.
How To Make Vegan Pumpkin Ice Cream
The trick to making really good vegan ice cream is to use full fat ingredients (coconut cream and coconut milk) and to heat these ingredients along with sugar and syrup (great for texture) so that you homogenize the fats.
This way you get a really smooth texture, and once you’ve heated it to a simmer, you remove from the heat and blend for at least 30 seconds.
This removes any hint of graininess from your final product! Blending is also the time to add in your flavorings (in this case, pumpkin purée, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and sea salt).
Then you chill your mixture overnight, churn it in the ice cream maker and then freeze it until you have ice cream!
So as you can probably tell from what I said above, it’s not the quickest thing to make. But it’s pretty simple and straightforward.
The hands on time you spend making it, is quite minimal. The bulk of time is spent while the mix is chilling and then while the ice cream is freezing.
And the result is very much worth it!
It will of course keep fabulously well in the freezer, though the flavor and texture is the best of the best when it’s freshest (within the first week).
Also, I don’t know how you will resist this sitting in your freezer so it’s probably a moot point!
More Delicious Vegan Ice Cream Flavors
- Vegan Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Vegan Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream
- Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
- Vegan Salted Caramel Ice Cream
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a comment and rating below!
Vegan Pumpkin Ice Cream
For Serving (Optional):
- Pecan Nuts
- The night before you plan to make ice cream, put the bowl of your ice cream maker into the freezer to freeze properly.
- Add the coconut cream, coconut milk, brown sugar and syrup to a pot on the stove and heat until simmering, stirring all the time.
- Remove from the heat and add in the pumpkin pureé, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and sea salt.
- Blend with an immersion blender for 30 seconds (or longer, but at least 30 seconds) until well combined. If you don't have an immersion blender, then let it cool for a few minutes before transferring to a blender jug and blending.
- Transfer the mix into a container, cover and place into the fridge overnight to chill completely.
- The next day, transfer the mix to the ice cream machine and churn according to manufacturer instructions until it reaches soft serve consistency (mine took 25 minutes to churn, but it can take up to 45 minutes depending on your machine).
- Transfer the ice cream to a loaf pan and smooth down. Cover with foil and place into the freezer to set (at least 6 hours or longer).
- When you're ready to serve the ice cream, heat the ice cream scoop by dipping it in hot water and then scooping the ice cream.
- Top with pecans and enjoy!
- Keep your ice cream stored in the freezer and enjoy within 1 week for the best taste and texture results.
- Prep time does not include time spent chilling or freezing.
- Nutritional information excludes pecan nuts.