Smooth and perfectly textured vegan pumpkin ice cream topped with pecan nuts. Loaded with pumpkin and pumpkin spice flavor, vegan and gluten-free.
- The night before you plan to make ice cream, put the bowl of your ice cream maker into the freezer to freeze properly.
- Add the coconut cream, coconut milk, brown sugar and golden or maple syrup to a pot and heat until simmering, stirring all the time.
- Remove from the heat and add in the pumpkin pureé, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and sea salt.
- Blend with an immersion blender for 30 seconds (or longer, but at least 30 seconds) until well combined. If you don’t have an immersion blender, then transfer to a blender jug and blend, being very careful to have the lid sealed properly as the mix will be very hot.
- Transfer the mix into a container, cover and place into the fridge overnight to chill completely.
- The next day, transfer the mix to the ice cream machine and churn according to manufacturer instructions until it reaches soft serve consistency (mine took 25 minutes to churn, but it can take up to 45 minutes depending on your machine).
- Transfer the ice cream to a loaf pan and smooth down. Cover with tinfoil or plastic wrap and place into the freezer to set (at least 6 hours or longer).
- When you’re ready to serve the ice cream, heat the ice cream scoop by dipping it in boiling water and scoop out the ice cream.
- Top with pecans and enjoy!
*Prep time does not include time spent chilling or freezing.
*Nutritional information is an estimate based on 1 serve of 10 without added pecan nuts.
- Category: Dessert, Ice Cream
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 10)
- Calories: 215
- Sugar: 16.3g
- Sodium: 82mg
- Fat: 15.5g
- Saturated Fat: 12.6g
- Carbohydrates: 18.6g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 1.1g
Keywords: vegan pumpkin ice cream