The best vegan pumpkin muffins packed with pumpkin spice flavor and pecans! Perfect for breakfast or dessert and divine with or without vegan butter.
- 2 cups (250g) All Purpose Flour*
- 1 cup (200g) Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) White Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 and 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (homemade or store bought)
- 1 and 1/2 cups (337g) Pumpkin Purée (canned or fresh)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Coconut Oil (Melted)
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Flax Egg (1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed Meal with 3 Tbsp Hot Water)
- 1 cup (109g) Pecan Nuts (chopped, plus more to place directly on top of the muffins)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray a muffin tray with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the brown and white sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- Prepare your flax egg by adding 1 Tbsp of ground flaxseed meal to a bowl and then pouring in 3 Tbsp of hot water and allowing to sit for a minute to become gloopy.
- Then add the pumpkin purée, vanilla, melted coconut oil and apple cider vinegar to the mixing bowl.
- Add your flax egg.
- Mix together with a spoon until well combined. The batter will be thick.
- Lastly, add the pecan nuts and stir in.
- Divide the batter evenly amongst the muffin partitions in your prepared muffin tray. Add a few more chopped pecans directly to the top of the muffins.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the muffins comes out clean.
- Transfer the muffins to a wire cooling rack.
*Weigh the flour on a food scale for accuracy or use the spoon and level method for measuring the flour so that you use the correct amount.
*For a gluten-free version use a gluten free all purpose flour blend to replace the regular flour in this recipe.
*Keep muffins covered at room temperature and they will stay fresh for a few days or in the fridge where they will keep for up to a week. They are also freezer friendly if you want to freeze them.
- Category: Dessert, Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin (of 12)
- Calories: 292
- Sugar: 26.1g
- Sodium: 250mg
- Fat: 11.5g
- Saturated Fat: 4.3g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Protein: 3.3g
Keywords: vegan pumpkin muffins