Super creamy vegan pumpkin soup. This rich and satisfying soup is made with coconut cream and spices for a simply delicious appetizer. Ready in 30-minutes!
- Add the coconut oil to a pot with the chopped onion, garlic and ginger and sauté.
- Then add the thyme and cayenne pepper and sauté until the onions are softened.
- Add in the coconut cream and vegetable stock and the pumpkin and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer until the pumpkin is soft and cooked (around 10 minutes).
- Use an immersion blender to blend it smooth inside the pot. If you haven’t got an immersion blender, then transfer to a blender jug in stages and blend until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with some pumpkin seeds as garnish (optional).
*The prep time mentioned above assumes you have ready peeled and cubed pumpkin. If you have to do that from scratch, it will of course take longer.
*I used coconut cream in this as I wanted a richer soup, but coconut milk would also work well for this.
- Category: Appetizer, Soup
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 4)
- Calories: 317
- Sugar: 10.4g
- Sodium: 360mg
- Fat: 24.9g
- Saturated Fat: 20.4g
- Carbohydrates: 23.6g
- Fiber: 8.4g
- Protein: 4.5g
Keywords: vegan pumpkin soup