Celebrate fall with this delicious fall inspired vegan pumpkin spice latte! It’s creamy and totally divine, and made with pumpkin purée and fall spices.
This vegan pumpkin spice latte is everything you want in a drink this fall. It’s cozy and warm and has all those delicious fall spices.
It’s also really easy to make at home! You can use either espresso or strongly brewed coffee in these lattes and if you want to serve yourself a slice of vegan pumpkin pie or vegan pumpkin bread alongside your latte then no one could fault you for that!
How To Make A Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Add soy milk to a saucepan along with some pumpkin purée, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice and heat until hot (don’t let it boil, just heat until hot).
- Remove from the heat and add in espresso or strongly brewed coffee and whisk in.
- Pour into mugs and add sugar according to your personal preference.
- Top with some vegan whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
Recipe Substitutions and Tips
You can use any non-dairy milk that you enjoy in your coffee! We used soy milk, but almond milk or coconut milk (full fat or light, from the can) would also be delicious.
Pumpkin purée can either be from a can or it can be freshly made. Canned pumpkin purée is easiest of course but if you want to make it up fresh you can definitely do so. The best way to make your own homemade pumpkin purée is to place peeled and chopped pumpkin on a parchment lined baking tray and bake it at 350°F for 30 minutes until soft and cooked. Purée it in your food processor and then stand it in a sieve over a bowl for about an hour so that any excess water can drip off. Place the purée into a container in your fridge where it will keep for 3-4 days and you can use it for any pumpkin inspired recipes you want to make.
If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, then it’s super easy to make your own. We have a recipe for homemade pumpkin pie spice and it’s a simple mix of cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, ground allspice and ground cloves.
Two shots of espresso OR half a cup of strongly brewed coffee work equally well to make a delicious pumpkin spice latte.
Serve with vegan whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice. Vegan whipped cream is of course totally optional but highly recommended! We used whipped coconut cream, but any vegan whipped cream is going to be divine with this.
More Delicious Vegan Pumpkin Recipes
- Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
- Vegan Pumpkin Cookies
- Vegan Pumpkin Soup
- Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Vegan Pumpkin Cake
- Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Add the soy milk to a saucepan along with the pumpkin purée, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice and heat until hot (don't let it boil, just heat until hot).
- Remove from the heat and add in the strongly brewed coffee or espresso and whisk in.
- Pour into mugs and add sugar according to taste.
- Top with some vegan whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice (optional).
- Canned pumpkin purée is the easiest to use, but you can also use fresh if you prefer to make it up from scratch. Add peeled and chopped pumpkin purée to a parchment lined baking tray and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes until soft. Allow to cool and then purée in your food processor. Then stand the pumpkin purée in a sieve over a bowl for about an hour so that any excess water can drip off. Store it in your fridge in a sealed container for 3-4 days and use for any fall inspired pumpkin recipes.
- You can easily make up a batch of homemade pumpkin pie spice containing cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, ground allspice and ground cloves.
- We used vegan whipped coconut cream to top the lattes but any vegan whipped cream will work great or you can omit it if you prefer.
- Nutritional information is for 1 Latte (of 2) without whipped cream or added sugar.