The best vegan queso! Rich, creamy and ultra cheesy with just enough spicy kick, this quick and easy queso makes the perfect dip for some tortilla chips!
- 2 cups (300g) Raw Cashews*
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1/2 cup (30g) Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Canned Chopped Tomato
- 4 Tbsp Sliced Pickled Jalapeños
- 1 cup (240ml) Vegetable Stock*
- Add the raw cashews to a blender jug along with the crushed garlic, nutritional yeast, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, canned chopped tomatoes and sliced jalapeños.
- Pour over the vegetable stock and then blend until very smooth.
- Serve immediately.
- This dip can be served warm or cold. If your vegetable stock is hot then this dip is warm when freshly blended.
*We did not soak the cashews first for this dip. However, if you know your blender might have trouble then you can soak them for 15 minutes first. Just place the cashews into a bowl and pour over boiling water from the kettle and leave to soak for 15 minutes. Then drain and continue.
*It’s ideal if your stock is made with hot water and is piping hot when it goes into the blender, this way your queso is nice and warm when you serve. However, this can be served warm or cold.
- Category: Side, Savory, Gluten-Free
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 150
- Sugar: 1.7g
- Sodium: 308mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9g
- Carbohydrates: 9.3g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 5.4g
Keywords: vegan queso