This vegan quiche is so easy to make and packed with delicious flavor. It’s the best thing for breakfast or brunch and you’ll love the combination of spinach and mushrooms!
For the Pie Crust:
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp (145g) All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 cup (55g) Coconut Oil (solid)
- 4 Tbsp Ice Water
For the Filling:
- 14oz (400g) Firm Tofu
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Salt (Kala Namak)
- 2 Tbsp Soy Milk
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 2 and 1/2 cups (240g) Cremini Mushrooms (Sliced)*
- 3 cups (90g) Baby Spinach (Chopped)
- Prepare your pie crust: Add the all purpose flour, salt and sugar to a food processor and mix together. Add the coconut oil and process until crumbly. Add the ice water and process into a dough.
- Place the ball of dough onto a flour dusted surface and roll it out into a giant round that can fit over your 9-inch pie dish.
- Carefully lift it and place it over the pie dish and tuck it in along the sides. Cut off any excess dough hanging over the sides of the dish with a scissors.
- Place the pie crust into the fridge while you work on your filling.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Prepare your filling: Add the tofu, cornstarch, nutritional yeast, turmeric, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and black salt (aka kala namak) into your food processor. Process until well mixed. Add the soy milk and process again until it reaches a smooth consistency. Set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a pot along with the chopped onion and crushed garlic and sauté until the onions are softened.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and sauté with the onions until the mushrooms are softened.
- Add the chopped baby spinach and sauté until just wilted.
- Now add in your tofu mix from the food processor and fold it in with the mushrooms and spinach.
- Add the filling to your pie crust and smooth it down evenly.
- Place it into the oven and bake uncovered for 40 minutes until firm and golden on top.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Quiche can be served either warm or cold.
*You can use a premade store-bought pie crust if you prefer. That will save time on this recipe. Choose an unbaked 9-inch pie crust.
*Kala namak aka black salt creates eggy flavor, it’s quite amazing. If you don’t have any, you can substitute this for regular salt, but I recommend you give it a try.
*Cremini mushrooms are also called baby bellas, portobellini or brown button mushrooms.
*Keep your leftover quiche covered in the fridge and enjoy within 3-4 days. It is delicious served warm or cold so you can serve it straight from the fridge and it’s totally delicious.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Slice (of 8)
- Calories: 227
- Sugar: 3.1g
- Sodium: 540mg
- Fat: 11.8g
- Saturated Fat: 6.5g
- Carbohydrates: 20.5g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 9.6g
Keywords: vegan quiche