This vegan ricotta has the perfect ricotta taste and texture. It’s ultra cheesy, tangy and wonderful on pizza or spread on crackers.
- Add your slivered almonds to a bowl, pour boiling hot water from the kettle over the top and leave them to soak for 1 hour.
- Then drain them and add to your blender jug along with the coconut cream, nutritional yeast, white vinegar, lemon juice, sea salt and garlic powder.
- Blend until you no longer have any chunks. It will still be grainy, but that is fine, that is what you want with ricotta.
- Transfer to a container and keep it stored in the fridge for up to a week. It’s also freezer friendly if you want to freeze some.
*If you don’t have canned coconut cream then full fat canned unsweetened coconut milk will also work.
*You can omit the nutritional yeast but you will lose some of the cheesy flavor.
*White vinegar works best for flavor though apple cider vinegar will work in a pinch.
*If you’re wanting to use this recipe in another recipe, then this makes approximately 1 and 2/3 cups of vegan ricotta.
*Prep time does not include the time to soak the slivered almonds.
*This recipe was first published in February 2019. It has been updated with extra tips but the recipe itself is unchanged.
- Category: Appetizer, Savory, Side
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 171
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 292
- Fat: 15
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 5
Keywords: vegan ricotta, vegan ricotta cheese