Rich and creamy perfectly textured vegan salted caramel ice cream topped with a gorgeous caramel sauce.
For the Ice Cream:
- 1 14oz (400ml) Can Coconut Cream
- 1 14oz (400ml) Can Coconut Milk (full fat)
- 1/2 cup (75g) Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 cup Golden Syrup (or Maple Syrup)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Generous Pinch Sea Salt
For the Salted Caramel Sauce:
- The night before you want to make ice cream, place the freezer bowl of your ice cream maker into the freezer.
- Add the coconut cream, coconut milk, coconut sugar and golden syrup to a pot on the stove and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla extract and salt and blend with an immersion blender for 30 seconds. This removes any graininess from the texture.
- If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can do this in your blender jug, just be careful as of course it will be very hot.
- Place the ice cream mixture into a container with a lid, and place into the refrigerator overnight.
- When you’re ready to make the ice cream the next day, pour out the mixture into your ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturers instructions, it will usually take between 20 and 40 minutes to reach soft serve consistency.
- As soon as it has reached soft serve consistency, move it into a loaf pan, smooth it down with the back of a spoon, cover with some tinfoil and place into the freezer to set for 4-6 hours until solid.
- To make the sauce:
- Place the sugar, syrup and water into a heavy bottomed pot and stir until the sugar has totally melted.
- Then add the vegan butter.
- Stir constantly until the butter is melted.
- Slowly pour in the cream while stirring constantly.
- Let the mixture boil for about a minute and then remove from the heat and stir in the salt.
- Allow to cool completely before use.
- Keep in an airtight jar in the fridge where it will keep for up to 2 weeks.
*Prep time does not include chilling the mixture or time spent setting in the freezer.
*Nutritional information is for ice cream only and doesn’t include the sauce.
*Ice Cream recipe adapted from my Coconut Ice Cream Recipe.
*Salted Caramel Sauce adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction.
- Category: Dessert, Ice-Cream
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1/2 Cup
- Calories: 261
- Sugar: 18g
- Sodium: 55mg
- Fat: 19.5g
- Carbohydrates: 20.4g
- Protein: 1.7g