These vegan scrambled eggs are made with chickpea flour instead of tofu for a filling and high protein breakfast scramble.
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Medium Tomato (Chopped)
- 1 and 1/2 cups (4oz/113g) Sliced Mushrooms
Vegan Scramble Mix:
- Place a non-stick frying pan on the heat and add the olive oil and chopped onion and sauté until the onions are softened.
- Add in the chopped tomato and sliced mushrooms and sauté until softened.
- Prepare your scramble mix by adding chickpea flour, soy milk, nutritional yeast, turmeric, dijon mustard, garlic powder, black salt and onion powder to a measuring jug and whisking everything together well.
- Pour this out over the veggies and cook until the mixture begins to firm up like a pancake. Then start breaking it up with your spatula and scrambling and flipping the mix until the whole scramble is cooked and no longer wet.
- If the scramble starts to stick at any point, add in a little more oil.
- Serve with toasted ciabatta, fresh avocado and sprinkles of black pepper and chives.
*You can switch the soy milk for almond milk if you want to make this totally soy-free.
- Category: Breakfast, Gluten-Free, Savory
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 2)
- Calories: 183
- Sugar: 6.4g
- Sodium: 361mg
- Fat: 5.3g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrates: 24.1g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Protein: 10.9g
Keywords: vegan scrambled eggs