Super rich and decadent vegan snickers bars! These ultra satisfying vegan chocolate bars are 3-layers of pure deliciousness and taste amazingly like the ‘real thing’.
For the Nougat:
- 2/3 cup (64g) Rolled Oats*, processed into flour.
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Coconut Oil
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
For the Caramel:
For the Peanuts:
- 2/3 cup (3.5 oz /100g) Roasted Salted Peanuts
For the Chocolate:
- 10.5oz (300g) Vegan Chocolate
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- Place the rolled oats into a food processor and process until mostly powdery. Add the coconut oil and maple syrup and sea salt and process together into a paste.
- Pour out into a parchment lined loaf pan and smooth down. Place into the freezer to set.
- Melt the coconut butter and then pour into a bowl and mix in the maple syrup and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Pour this out on top of the set nougat layer and smooth down. Then add the peanuts and gently press down with a spoon to press them into the caramel. Place into the freezer to set.
- When set, lift it all out with the parchment paper and cut into 6 even bars.
- Melt the chocolate by breaking it into pieces and placing into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, bringing it out to stir every 30 seconds until completely melted. Stir in the coconut oil to thin the chocolate slightly.
- Dunk each bar into the chocolate, flipping over to coat both sides and then placing on a parchment lined baking tray. Repeat for all the bars. Use a teaspoon to fill in any gaps in the chocolate bars and then place into the freezer to set. Once set, drizzle any remaining chocolate over the top of the bars to create a nice pattern and then return to the freezer to set.
- Keep the bars stored in the fridge.
*Ensure your rolled oats are gluten-free to make this recipe gluten-free.
*This must be coconut butter. It must say butter on the jar.
*Prep time does not include time spent setting in the freezer.
*Nougat recipe adapted from Oatmeal With A Fork.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Serving Size: 1/2 Bar
- Calories: 372
- Sugar: 16.1g
- Sodium: 92mg
- Fat: 27.4g
- Saturated Fat: 17.6g
- Carbohydrates: 24.8g
- Fiber: 6.5g
- Protein: 6.4g