The best vegan spinach artichoke dip. This deliciously creamy and cheesy baked dip is simple to make with spectacular results. Great for a party!
For the Cream Cheese:
- 1 and 1/2 cups (225g) Raw Cashews (soaked in hot water for 1 hour and then drained)*
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Coconut Cream
- 1 tsp White Vinegar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 cup (120g) Vegan Mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup (45g) Nutritional Yeast
For the Spinach and Artichokes:
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 7oz (200g) Marinated Artichokes*
- 4 Packed Cups (160g) Baby Spinach*
- Add the soaked cashews, lemon juice, coconut cream, white vinegar, salt, onion powder, vegan mayonnaise and nutritional yeast to the blender and blend until smooth. Then leave it in the blender for the moment and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to pan along with the chopped onion, crushed garlic and rosemary and sauté until the onions are softened.
- Then remove half the onions from the frying pan and place them into the blender jug along with the cream cheese mixture and blend again. Leave it in the blender again and set aside.
- Add the marinated artichokes to the frying pan with the remaining onions and sauté, letting the artichokes break up as you fry them with the onions. When the artichokes are softened then add in all the spinach and fry it with the artichokes and onions until wilted.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Transfer the spinach and artichoke mix to an oven safe 9-inch round dish.
- Pour over the cream cheese from the blender and fold it in with the spinach and artichokes.
- Place into the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned on top.
- Serve with salted crackers, tortilla chips, breads or anything that’s great for dipping.
*Weigh the cashews before soaking for the most accurate results. Then place them into a bowl and pour over boiling water from the kettle and leave to soak for an hour.
*Marinated or grilled artichokes are the tastiest to use in this recipe.
*We used the baby spinach as is, but you can also chop it if you want smaller pieces of spinach spread more evenly throughout the dip.
- Category: Side, Appetizer, Gluten-Free
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 12)
- Calories: 222
- Sugar: 2.2g
- Sodium: 267mg
- Fat: 18.5g
- Saturated Fat: 3.8g
- Carbohydrates: 9.9g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 5.5g
Keywords: vegan spinach artichoke dip