This vegan spinach dip is cheesy, creamy and makes the perfect dip. It is baked to golden brown perfection with a delicious crusty top. Super easy and fun to make.
For the Vegan Cream Cheese:
- 1 and 1/2 cups (225g) Raw Cashews (Soaked)*
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Coconut Cream
- 1 tsp White Vinegar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 cup (120g) Vegan Mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup (45g) Nutritional Yeast
For the Onions and Spinach:
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 5 cups (200g) Baby Spinach (Finely Chopped)
- Add the soaked cashews to the blender jug along with the lemon juice, coconut cream, white vinegar, salt, onion powder, vegan mayonnaise and nutritional yeast. Blend until smooth. Leave in the blender and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a frying pan along with chopped onions, crushed garlic and oregano. Sauté until the onions are softened. Then divide roughly in half, and add half the onions to the blender jug with the vegan cream cheese mix. Blend it in.
- Then add the chopped spinach to the frying pan with the remaining onions and sauté until the spinach is wilted.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Pour the cream cheese from the blender into a 9-inch baking dish. Then add the sautéed spinach and onions and fold in.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown and crusty on top.
- Serve with crackers or chips or bread or raw veggies for dipping.
*Add the cashews to a bowl and then pour boiling water over them. Leave them to soak for 1 hour and then you’re ready to start. The weight of the cashews is the weight prior to soaking. So measure/weigh them first, then soak them.
*Prep time does not include the time spent soaking the cashews, it’s for hands on time and baking time only.
- Category: Savory, Side, Appetizer, Gluten-Free
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 10)
- Calories: 257
- Sugar: 2.8g
- Sodium: 307mg
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 4.7g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 6.2g
Keywords: vegan spinach dip