Creamy vegan strawberry ice cream packed with strawberry flavor. Perfectly textured, smooth, and the prettiest pink color! Gluten-free.
- The night before you want to make the ice cream, make sure to place the freezer bowl of your ice cream maker into the freezer so that it’s ready to go.
- Prepare your strawberry purée by placing whole strawberries (stems cut off) into a food processor and processing into purée. Set aside.
- Add the coconut cream, coconut milk, sugar and maple syrup to a pot on the stove and bring it to a simmer, stirring gently the whole time. As soon as it reaches a simmer, remove it from the heat.
- Add in the strawberry purée, strawberry extract and salt and then using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. If you don’t have an immersion blender then you can do this in a regular blender, just be careful when blending hot liquid.
- Pour the mixture into a container with a lid, and place it into the fridge to chill overnight. If you’re in a hurry you can place it into the freezer instead and that will speed up the process, just keep a check on it, and when the mix is very chilled, you are ready to churn it.
- Churn according to manufacturer instructions for your ice cream maker, but it should be in the region of 20-45 minutes until it reaches a soft serve consistency. When it reaches this consistency, transfer the ice cream to a loaf pan and smooth down with the back of a spoon.
- Cover with foil and place into the freezer to set completely (usually at least 6 hours).
- Scoop and serve!
*The strawberry extract can be omitted if it’s hard to find, the strawberry purée is enough to flavor this, but if you can get it, it’s great to use since it does add some great flavor.
*Prep time does not include chilling in the fridge or setting in the freezer.
- Category: Dessert, Gluten-Free
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 8)
- Calories: 273
- Sugar: 21.5g
- Sodium: 173mg
- Fat: 19.4g
- Saturated Fat: 15.8g
- Carbohydrates: 23.9g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 1.4g
Keywords: vegan strawberry ice cream