These vegan stuffed peppers are the best way to fancy up some peppers that there is! Stuffed with black beans, corn, rice and a delicious cheesy cashew sauce this is what dinner dreams are made of!
For the Cheesy Cashew Sauce:
- 1 cup (150g) Raw Cashews*
- 3/4 cup (180ml) Vegetable Stock
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Sliced Jalapeños
For the Peppers:
- 3 Red Bell Peppers (topped and cored)*
- 3 Yellow Bell Peppers (topped and cored)*
- Olive Oil (for drizzling)
For the Black Beans/Corn/Rice Filling:
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Crushed Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1 15oz (425g) Can Black Beans (Drained)
- 1 14oz (425g) Can Corn (Drained)
- Chopped Bell Pepper Tops (chop up the tops of the six bell peppers you cut off, and add them in here)
- 3 cups Cooked Basmati Rice
- 1/4 cup Cilantro (Chopped)
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper (To Taste)
- 1 Avocado (Peeled and Chopped)
- Fresh Cilantro (Chopped)
- Add the raw cashews, vegetable stock, crushed garlic, nutritional yeast, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin and sliced jalapeños to the blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Prepare the peppers by chopping off the tops and coring them. Set aside the cored peppers but chop up the tops of the peppers to use in the black beans, corn and rice filling.
- Add the olive oil, onion, crushed garlic, cayenne pepper and cumin to a frying pan and sauté until the onions are softened.
- Add in the black beans and corn and the chopped pepper tops that you have from topping and coring your peppers and sauté until the peppers are soft but firm.
- Add the cooked basmati rice and chopped cilantro and mix it in.
- Pour the cheesy cashew sauce over the top of the black beans, corn and rice and mix it in. Now your filling is ready!
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and place your cored peppers into a 9×13 baking dish and drizzle them with olive oil.
- Stuff the peppers with the filling and place them into the oven to bake, uncovered, for 35 minutes until browned on top.
- Serve with chopped avocado and cilantro.
- Leftovers keep very well in the fridge for 3-4 days.
*You don’t need to soak the cashews first unless you know your blender will have a hard time with it. If you think your blender will struggle then add the cashews to a bowl and pour over hot water from the kettle and let them soak for 15 minutes. This will soften them enough to make blending easy.
*You can use different color peppers as you please. Bell peppers are also called sweet peppers and capsicums.
- Category: Entree, Savory, Gluten-Free
- Method: Stovetop and Oven
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Stuffed Pepper (of 6)
- Calories: 473
- Sugar: 12.9g
- Sodium: 587mg
- Fat: 20.5g
- Saturated Fat: 3.3g
- Carbohydrates: 61.9g
- Fiber: 11.4g
- Protein: 13.7g
Keywords: vegan stuffed peppers