Rich and satisfying vegan sweet potato curry. Hearty, comforting and insanely good, this vegan curry is really simple to make with very impressive results.
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 tsp Minced Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Red Curry Paste*
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 4 Large Sweet Potatoes (~2.6lb/1200g) – (Peeled and Chopped)
- 1 15oz (425g) Can Lentils (Drained)
- 1 15oz (425g) Can Chopped Tomato
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Vegetable Stock
- 1 14oz (400ml) Can Coconut Milk*
- 1/4 cup (63g) Peanut Butter
- 2 cups (40g) Fresh Basil
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar (or Brown Sugar)
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper (To Taste)
- Basmati Rice or Cauliflower Rice
- Fresh Basil
- Crushed Peanuts
- Add the olive oil to a pot along with the chopped onion, garlic, ginger and red curry paste, cayenne pepper, paprika and turmeric and sauté until the onions are softened.
- Add in the chopped sweet potatoes and lentils and toss to mix in with the spices.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock and coconut milk and bring to the boil. Cover the pot and let it simmer until the sweet potatoes are fork tender (around 10-12 minutes).
- Add in the peanut butter and stir in until melted.
- Add in the fresh basil and stir in until wilted.
- Add the coconut sugar or brown sugar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over basmati rice or cauliflower rice and top with some crushed peanuts and fresh basil.
*If you want a spicier curry you could use more red curry paste.
*It’s definitely best to use a full fat coconut milk for the best taste results, and you could even swap for coconut cream if you want it even richer.
*Nutrition information is for curry only and does not include rice.
- Category: Entree, Dinner, Savory, Gluten-Free
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 6)
- Calories: 462
- Sugar: 17.8g
- Sodium: 585mg
- Fat: 19.7g
- Saturated Fat: 10.9g
- Carbohydrates: 62.6g
- Fiber: 11g
- Protein: 11.3g
Keywords: vegan sweet potato curry, sweet potato curry