This vegan sweet potato pie is wonderfully rich and packed with flavor. It’s extremely simple to make, slices beautifully and tastes like heaven!
- 1 and 2/3 cups (15oz/425g) Sweet Potato Purée*
- 3/4 cup (180ml) Coconut Milk*
- 1 cup (200g) Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup (32g) Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Unbaked Vegan Pie Crust (Homemade or Store-bought)*
- Vegan Whipped Cream
- Chopped Pecan Nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Add the sweet potato purée, coconut milk, brown sugar, cornstarch, vanilla extract, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves and ground ginger to your blender jug and blend until smooth. It will be quite thick, so be patient with your blender. Stop and give it a shake or stir from time to time and then blend again.
- Pour this out over the top of an unbaked 9-inch vegan pie crust (either store-bought or homemade) in a 9-inch pie dish and smooth down.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Tent it with foil* at the 40 minute mark to prevent over-browning and then put it back in for the remaining 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the counter for at least 2 hours before slicing and serving. It’s even better if you let it chill even more in the fridge after cooling on the counter. The more chilled it is the better it will slice.
- Serve with vegan whipped cream and some chopped pecans for decoration.
*You can use fresh or canned sweet potato purée. To make it up fresh, bake peeled and chopped sweet potato on a parchment lined baking tray for 30 minutes at 350°F. Let it cool and then purée it in the food processor.
*Coconut milk should be full fat canned coconut milk.
*You can make your own vegan pie crust from our easy recipe or use a store-bought pie crust but it must be unbaked.
*Tenting with foil just means to place the foil loosely on top in a ‘tent’ shape so that it doesn’t press down on the pie from the top.
*Nutritional information is for 1 slice of 10 including a homemade vegan pie crust but excluding vegan whipped cream and chopped pecans.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Slice (of 10)
- Calories: 260
- Sodium: 258mg
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated Fat: 23.4g
- Carbohydrates: 43.2g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 2.4g
Keywords: vegan sweet potato pie