Fresh and colorful vegan sweet potato salad topped with a delicious tahini dressing. This salad isn’t a side dish it’s the main event! Filling and satisfying.
For the Roasted Sweet Potatoes:
- 5 Medium Sweet Potatoes (~2.2lb/1kg / peeled and sliced into rounds)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
For the Black Bean and Cilantro Mix:
- 12 Green Olives (Pitted)
- 1 15oz (425g) Can Black Beans (Drained)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro (Chopped)
- 10 Sundried Tomatoes
- Pinch of salt and pepper
For the Salad:
- 8 cups Mixed Lettuce or Mixed Salad Greens (~300g)*
- 1 Avocado (Sliced)
For the Tahini Dressing:
- 1 Full Batch Tahini Salad Dressing
- Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- Peel and slice the sweet potatoes and add to a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper and toss together so that all the pieces of sweet potato are lightly coated.
- Transfer to a parchment lined baking tray and spread them out evenly.
- Place into the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
- While the sweet potato is baking, prepare the rest of your salad ingredients.
- Slice the olives and the sundried tomatoes, chop the cilantro and add to a bowl with the black beans and a dash of salt and pepper. Toss together.
- Wash your mixed lettuce greens and peel and slice your avocado.
- Prepare your tahini salad dressing as per our tahini salad dressing recipe by adding all the ingredients to a measuring jug and then whisking it up with a hand whisk.
- When the sweet potatoes are cooked assemble the plates of salad with salad greens on the bottom, then the black bean and cilantro mix, then some sweet potato slices, avocado slices and top with a drizzle of tahini dressing.
- Alternatively, you can place it all in a big salad bowl, but be careful when you dish up so that you don’t break up the sweet potato.
*This amount of mixed lettuce greens are usually the amount you get in one big bag of pre-packed salad greens in a supermarket. You can switch out the greens for any greens of your choice.
*The nutritional information provided is for 1 serving of 4 of sweet potato salad with tahini dressing.
- Category: Salad, Gluten-Free, Entree, Savory
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 4)
- Calories: 584
- Sugar: 15.6g
- Sodium: 1094mg
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2g
- Carbohydrates: 82.9g
- Fiber: 20.7g
- Protein: 14.5g
Keywords: vegan sweet potato salad