Rich and fabulously creamy vegan sweet potato soup. Hearty and filling, this super easy vegan soup makes wonderful comfort food!
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 tsp Minced Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 2 Large Carrots (Chopped)
- 4 Large Sweet Potatoes (~2.6lb/1200g) – (Peeled and Chopped)
- 2 cups (480ml) Vegetable Stock
- 1 14oz (400ml) Can Coconut Cream*
- 1/4 cup (63g) Almond Butter*
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper (To Taste)
- Black Pepper
- Add the chopped onion, crushed garlic and minced ginger to a pot with the olive oil and sauté until the onions are slightly softened.
- Add in the cayenne pepper and nutmeg and sauté.
- Then add in the chopped carrot and sweet potato and toss with the onions and spices.
- Add in the vegetable stock and coconut cream, bring to the boil and then reduce the heat, cover the pot and leave to simmer until the sweet potatoes are soft and cooked.
- Add in the almond butter and stir it in.
- Blend with an immersion blender or by transferring to your blender jug in stages and then returning to the pot.
- Add sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve with a sprinkle of black pepper and some fresh cilantro.
*You can switch coconut cream for coconut milk if you prefer.
*You can switch for a different nut butter such as peanut butter.
- Category: Soup, Appetizer, Gluten-Free,
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 6)
- Calories: 416
- Sugar: 12.6g
- Sodium: 430mg
- Fat: 22.4g
- Saturated Fat: 12.5g
- Carbohydrates: 49.5g
- Fiber: 8.5g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: vegan sweet potato soup