These versatile vegan tacos are packed with black beans, vegan taco meat, pico de gallo and avocado and topped with a tahini sauce. Filling, colorful and delicious!
For the Vegan Taco Meat:
- 1 Full Recipe Tofu and Walnut Vegan Taco Meat (Optional)
For the Black Beans:
- 1/2 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 15oz (425g) Can Black Beans (Drained)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
For the Pico De Gallo:
- 1 Full Recipe Pico De Gallo
For the Tahini Sauce:
- 1 Full Recipe Tahini Sauce*
- 2–3 cups Shredded Lettuce*
- 2 Avocados (Peeled and Chopped)
- 12–16 Corn or Wheat Tortillas*
- If you’re making the vegan taco meat, then start off with that since it has to bake for 30 minutes. So make that according to the linked recipe and get that in the oven and then start on your black beans.
- Add the chopped onion to a pan along with the olive oil, crushed garlic, cayenne pepper, chili flakes and ground cumin and sauté until the onions are softened. Add in the black beans and sauté with the onions and spices until heated through. If it’s getting too dry in the pan then add in a little water. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare your pico de gallo and your tahini sauce according to the linked recipes.
- Prepare your shredded lettuce and chopped avocado.
- Heat your tortillas via your preferred method, or by lightly frying in a pan or stacking them up and covering in foil and baking in the oven at 350°F (180°C) for around 15 minutes until heated through.
- Assemble by adding some shredded lettuce to a tortilla, followed by some vegan taco meat then black beans then pico de gallo, then chopped avocado and top with a drizzle of tahini sauce.
*I prefer iceberg lettuce for shredding as it has lots of crunch factor but romaine lettuce works well too.
*The amount of tacos you’ll get from this recipe will depend if you make both the vegan taco meat and the black bean mix or just one or the other. It also depends on how full you pack your tacos. But remember leftovers (unassembled) keep well in containers in the fridge so you can always make these two or even three nights running.
*In order for this recipe to be gluten-free, make sure you use gluten-free tortillas.
*Cook time assumes you are making the black beans only and not the vegan taco meat.
*Nutritional information includes all the linked recipes except for the vegan taco meat. Nutritional information can be found for that on its own recipe card.
- Category: Entree, Gluten-Free, Savory
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan, Mexican
- Serving Size: 1 Taco (of 12)
- Calories: 325
- Sugar: 3.7g
- Sodium: 483mg
- Fat: 14.9g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6g
- Carbohydrates: 42.2g
- Fiber: 10.7g
- Protein: 10.1g
Keywords: vegan tacos