Quick and easy veggie-packed tofu stir fry. This flavorful and satisfying meal is high in protein and perfect for a delicious weeknight dinner.
- 16oz (~450g) Extra Firm Tofu
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Ginger Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Flakes
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce*
- 2 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce*
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 3.5oz (100g) Baby Corn (about 8–10 pieces, chopped)
- 1 Carrot (Chopped)
- 1 Spring Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (Chopped)
For Serving (Optional):
- Fresh Lime
- Fresh Basil
- Sliced Cucumber
- Press the tofu for 15 minutes ideally using a tofu press, or by placing the tofu onto a plate, with another plate on top of it and then stacking something heavy on top, like a heavy pot. The object is to press as much water out of the tofu as possible, leaving it as firm as possible.
- While the tofu is pressing, prepare your vegetables by chopping the baby corn, the carrot, spring onion and green bell pepper.
- Slice the pressed tofu into cubes and then add to a frying pan with the olive oil and fry, gently turning over the tofu until it’s nicely browned.
- Add in all the chopped vegetables and fry for a minute, then add in all the spices, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and maple syrup. Keep frying and gently moving the vegetables and tofu around in the pan until the vegetables are slightly softened (but still a little crispy) and the veggies and tofu are nice and sticky from the sauce.
- Serve with basmati rice or cauliflower rice, fresh basil, sliced cucumber and fresh lime.
*Use a gluten-free soy sauce if you want this meal to be gluten-free.
*Check the hoisin sauce for vegan friendliness as not all brands are vegan, and choose a gluten-free version if you want this meal to be gluten-free.
*Nutritional information is for the tofu stir fry only and does not include rice.
- Category: Entree, Dinner, Savory, Gluten-Free
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 214
- Sugar: 7.9g
- Sodium: 478mg
- Fat: 10.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8g
- Carbohydrates: 15.4g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 15.5g
Keywords: tofu stir fry