This vegan tuna is simply amazing. It’s so easy to make and tastes remarkably close to actual tuna, no really it does. It’s wonderful on sandwiches for a vegan tuna salad sandwich!
- 1 15oz (425g) Can Chickpeas (Drained)
- 1/4 cup (60g) Vegan Mayonnaise
- 1 Nori Sheet (Finely Chopped)
- 1/4 cup Red Onion (Finely Chopped)*
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 10 Capers (Finely Chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tbsp Tamari*
- 1/2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tsp White Vinegar
- Sprinkle Sea Salt
- Sprinkle Ground Black Pepper
- Add the chickpeas to a mixing bowl and mash them with a fork.
- Add in vegan mayonnaise, finely chopped nori, finely chopped red onion, lemon juice, finely chopped capers, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, tamari, dijon mustard, white vinegar and salt and pepper.
- Taste test and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Mix in and you’re ready to serve!
*This is roughly half a small red onion.
*You can switch tamari for soy sauce if you prefer.
*Leftovers keep very well in the fridge for 2-3 days.
*This is divine served on open faced sandwiches with lettuce and sliced tomato and makes enough to top 4 slices of bread.
- Category: Savory, Side, Gluten-Free
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the Recipe
- Calories: 181
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 677mg
- Fat: 10.3g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrates: 16.6g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Protein: 5.8g
Keywords: vegan tuna, vegan tuna salad