This vegan tzatziki is creamy, saucy and ideal as a sauce, dip or spread. It’s made with cashews and refreshing cucumber for the most divine tzatziki ever!
- Peel and grate the cucumber and chop the mint. Squeeze the grated cucumber to remove excess water. You can squeeze it with your hands or with a paper towel or dish towel. Set aside.
- Place the cashews, water, dill, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic into your blender and blend until smooth.
- Add in grated cucumber and chopped mint and lightly pulse the blender until the cucumber and mint are mixed in but remain chunky.
- Add sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Pour out into a serving bowl and top with some dried dill, grated cucumber and fresh mint.
*It’s not needed to soak your cashews first unless you know your blender will have a hard time with them. If you need to soak them first, then place into a bowl and pour boiling water over the top and let them soak for 5-10 minutes just to soften up a bit and make them easier to blend.
*Keep leftovers stored in the fridge where they will last for around 5 days. Separation may occur, but this is normal, just stir it. It’s not suitable for freezing.
- Category: Side, Gluten-Free
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Vegan, Greek
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 125
- Sugar: 1.5g
- Sodium: 23mg
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrates: 6.5g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 3.6g
Keywords: vegan tzatziki