Wholesome and delicious vegan zucchini bread. Fluffy and perfectly moist you’ll never suspect this delicious bread is hiding green vegetables!
- 2 cups (250g) All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup (100g) White Sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) Brown Sugar
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup (140g) Shredded Zucchini (Packed)
- 1 Small (80g) Ripe Banana (Mashed)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Soy Milk*
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Coconut Oil (Melted)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Flax Egg (1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed Meal + 3 Tbsp Hot Water)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the white sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Mix together.
- Prepare your flax egg by mixing 1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed Meal with 3 Tbsp Hot Water and allow to sit for a minute to become gloopy.
- Add the shredded zucchini, mashed banana, soy milk, melted coconut oil, vanilla and flax egg to the mixing bowl and mix in briefly. It will seem like there is not enough wet ingredients to mix in properly, don’t worry. Leave the mixing bowl for a couple of minutes and prepare your baking dish.
- Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with non-stick spray and then line it with parchment paper so that the parchment paper hangs over the sides, so that when the bread is baked, you can easily lift it out of the loaf pan using the parchment paper.
- Return to your mixing bowl and mix in again. The zucchini will have released more water into the mix and you should be able to form it into a thick batter. Mix it in properly, but don’t overmix.
- Transfer to the parchment lined loaf pan and smooth down evenly.
- Place into the oven and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Lift the bread out of the loaf pan using the parchment paper and place onto a wire cooling rack to cool before slicing.
*You can use another non-dairy milk like almond milk if you prefer.
*I usually shred my zucchini in the food processor (you shred it with the skins on, no need to peel it first) as it’s the easiest way to do it.
- Category: Dessert, Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Thick Slice (of 10)
- Calories: 234
- Sugar: 21.1g
- Sodium: 275mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 4.6g
- Carbohydrates: 42.2g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Protein: 3.2g
Keywords: vegan zucchini bread