Wholesome and delicious vegan zucchini muffins. These vegan muffins are moist, filling super easy to make, and fabulous either as is or spread with some vegan butter.
- 2 cups (250g) All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup (100g) White Sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup (140g) Shredded Zucchini (packed)*
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Olive Oil*
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Flax Egg
- 1 cup (100g) Walnuts (broken up)*
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the white and brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Shred your zucchini in a food processor or with a grater and add to the mixing bowl.
- Prepare your flax egg by mixing 1 Tbsp of ground flaxseed meal with 3 Tbsp of hot water and allowing it to sit for a minute to become gloopy.
- Add the olive oil, vanilla, soy milk and apple cider vinegar to the mixing bowl along with your flax egg.
- Mix into a thick batter. If you are finding it difficult to mix it all in properly, then let the batter rest for a couple of minutes and the moisture from the zucchinis will seep through the batter, so when you mix it again it should all come together.
- Add in the broken up walnuts and mix.
- Spray a muffin tray with non-stick spray and divide the batter evenly between the muffin partitions.
- Place into the oven to bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the muffins comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the tray and transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool.
*You’ll need about 2-3 small zucchinis for 1 cup of shredded zucchini.
*I often like using a high quality olive oil in baking but you can switch for a different vegetable oil if you prefer.
*You can omit the walnuts if you prefer, or use something different like raisins (though I haven’t tested this).
- Category: Baking, Dessert, Breakfast
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin (of 12)
- Calories: 284
- Sugar: 17g
- Sodium: 229mg
- Fat: 14.9g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8g
- Carbohydrates: 34.8g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 3.8g
Keywords: vegan zucchini muffins