Ultra creamy vegan zucchini soup. This simple 9-ingredient recipe is ready in 30 minutes and crazy delicious. It’s also gluten-free.
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 2.2 pounds (1kg) Zucchinis (Sliced)*
- 3 cups (720ml) Vegetable Stock
- 1 14oz (400ml) Can Coconut Cream*
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For Serving (Optional):
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Ground Black Pepper
- Fresh Thyme
- Add the olive oil, chopped onions, crushed garlic, dried basil, thyme and rosemary to a pot and sauté until the onions are softened.
- Add in the sliced zucchini and toss with the onions and spices.
- Add the vegetable stock and coconut cream. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover the pot and simmer until the zucchinis are soft and cooked.
- Blend up with an immersion blender if you have one or by transferring in stages to a blender jug and blending until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with some vegan parmesan, ground black pepper and fresh thyme.
*This amount of zucchinis is 3-4 large ones, 5-6 medium or 9-10 small. They are also called courgettes in some parts of the world.
*Coconut cream can be switched for coconut milk but I do recommend the full fat canned variety.
*Nutritional information is for soup only and doesn’t include any vegan parmesan that you may serve it with.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the Recipe
- Calories: 291
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 324mg
- Fat: 25.5g
- Saturated Fat: 18.2g
- Carbohydrates: 13.9g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 4.6g
Keywords: vegan zucchini soup