Hearty and nourishing bean soup with a rich and vibrant color. With just 10 simple ingredients this soup is satisfying comfort food of the highest order! Vegan and gluten-free.
- 1 cup (200g) Dried Pinto Beans (soaked overnight)
- 1 Large Onion
- 2 Medium Tomatoes
- 2 Large Carrots
- 4 Medium Potatoes
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 4 cups (1 Liter) Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Dried Rosemary and Olive Spice (or other mixed dried spice of your choice)
- Peel and slice the onion, peel and chop the potatoes, and carrots, and chop the tomatoes.
- Add the onion to a pot with the coconut oil and fry until soft and browned.
- Add the water, beans, chopped carrot, potato and tomato to the pot, cover and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, turn down the heat, cover the pot and simmer for an hour or until everything is soft and cooked.
- When cooked, blend in the pot using a submersion handheld blender.
- Add salt, pepper and dried herbs and spices to taste.
- Let soup cool down and absorb flavors for around 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with fresh bread for dipping, or if gluten-free, with gluten-free bread or large lettuce leaves for dipping.
*You can use any dried herb spice of your choice, but the one we used is Ina Paarmans Rosemary and Olive Spice.
*Prep time does not include soaking the beans.
- Category: Appetizer, Soup
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 4)
- Calories: 409
- Sugar: 8.6g
- Sodium: 342mg
- Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 63.5g
- Fiber: 14g
- Protein: 15.6g