This easy homemade vinaigrette is the best thing on salads! It’s so easy to make from scratch and it tastes amazing on any salad.
So you know, even though I love baked goods and decadent desserts I also love me a good salad. And the key to a good salad is the dressing.
This simple vinaigrette really transforms a simple salad into a gourmet event.
And once you start making your own, you’ll never go back to store-bought options again. The homemade variety is just way too good.
How to Make Vinaigrette
You will find full instructions and measurements in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a summary of the process to go along with the process photos.
There’s really only two steps to making this vinaigrette, which is why we’ve only got two process photos to show you!
Add olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, crushed garlic, dried oregano, sea salt and ground black pepper to a measuring jug.
Whisk it up until well combined and voilà.
Your vinaigrette is ready for use! Try it on our vegan Greek salad.
We used red wine vinegar which is ever so slightly sweet. If you want to switch for a different vinegar, such as white vinegar, or apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar (for a balsamic vinaigrette) then you may want to add a teaspoon of maple syrup just to balance out the flavors.
If you use red wine vinegar as we did, then make the recipe as stated, but if you use any other vinegar (and you can!) then taste test and then see if you wouldn’t like to balance the flavors with a touch of sweetness.
Stored in the fridge. It will keep in a sealed container in the fridge for a week. If the oil solidifies a little in the fridge (it’s normal for this to happen) then just let it sit at room temperature for a bit to warm up and then shake it up before use.
However, you can also just make it as you need it, because it’s so simple to make. The amount you see in our photos, is actually a triple batch of the recipe as written.
The basic recipe is enough for one large salad so you can make it up fresh as you need it.
Stored at room temperature. You can store it at room temperature, but then it will be best to use it all within a few days (2-3). If you want it to last longer it will need to be stored in the fridge.
More Vegan Salad Dressing Recipes
- Tahini Salad Dressing
- Vegan Green Goddess Dressing
- Vegan Blue Cheese Dressing
- Vegan Caesar Dressing
- Vegan Thousand Island
- Cashew Dressing
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a comment and rating below!
Easy Homemade Vinaigrette
- Add all the ingredients to a measuring jug and whisk together with a small whisk until well combined.
- Taste test and adjust as needed with a little more salt and pepper for more flavor. If you use a different vinegar other than red wine vinegar, then you may want to add a teaspoon of maple syrup for flavor balance.
- Pour over your salad and enjoy!
- One batch of this dressing (as per the recipe) will make enough vinaigrette to dress a salad large enough for 4 people.
- The photos of the dressing are a triple batch of this recipe, which was enough to fill the bottle pictured.
- Keep leftovers in the fridge and enjoy within one week.