I love raw soups, and this watermelon gazpacho is no exception.
The flavors really seem to pop with raw foods.
You don’t need to add much in terms of spices because the freshness and vibrance of raw foods doesn’t require much to taste fantastic.
This watermelon gazpacho is super simple, and one of the most delicious raw soups ever.
It took me 15 minutes to make this soup, and the only reason it took that long was because I used regular (seeded) watermelon. So I needed to strain it through a sieve.
If you use unseeded watermelon – can be hard to find and sometimes costly – then you don’t need to strain it and can have it done in half the time.
Blended watermelon is like a juice, so this soup tends more towards a thin soup than a thick one, not that it takes away from the deliciousness in any way.
This watermelon gazpacho easily serves four as an appetizer, though I must admit that Jaye and I made short work of it between the two of us. But we do love the raw foods I must say!
I hope you’ll enjoy this soup as much as we did! It’s deliciously raw, vibrantly flavored, fabulously fresh, ready in 15 minutes and super damn good for you too.
There’s nothing like raw food to hydrate, energize and revitalize! We should all be eating more raw things, and this soup makes it so easy.
Let me know in the comments what you think of this fabulous raw soup! If you make it, pop back and let us know how it turned out and how you enjoyed it!
And if you take any photos tag us #lovingitvegan so we can see them too!
And if you haven’t already sign up to our fabulous mailing list, not only will you get a free ebook containing 10 fabulous high-raw recipes (like this one!) but you’ll stay up to date with all our latest recipe postings to the site.Print
Deliciously raw, vibrantly flavored watermelon gazpacho. This wonderfully fresh soup is ready in 15 minutes. Raw vegan, gluten-free and fabulous.
- 4 Tomatoes
- 1 Small Cucumber (peeled)
- 1 Shallot (chopped finely)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 4 cups (~600g) Watermelon (cubed)
- 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- Handful Basil Leaves
- Handful Mint Leaves
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Peel the cucumber, roughly chop the tomatoes and red bell pepper, finely chop the shallot and add all to the blender jug along with 4 cups of cubed watermelon.
- Add in the handful of basil and mint leaves, and the avocado oil and blend very well together.
- Strain this mixture through a fine sieve to remove the watermelon seeds.
- Add sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve with fresh basil leaves and cherry tomatoes.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Vegan, Raw, Gluten-free
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 4)
- Calories: 149
- Sugar: 15.2g
- Sodium: 157mg
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 2.8g