Vegan Buttercream Frosting
This delicious vegan buttercream frosting is silky, smooth and velvety and perfect to spread on cakes or pipe onto cupcakes. Easy 4-ingredient recipe.
- 3 ½ cups Powdered Sugar (420g)
- 1 cup Vegan Butter (225g)
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Add the powdered sugar, vegan butter, salt and vanilla extract to the bowl of a stand mixer and starting at slow speed, gradually increase speed until thick and smooth.
If your consistency is too thick, add a little non-dairy milk a drop at a time, and if it's too thin, add ¼ to ½ cup more powdered sugar.
Spread onto cakes or pipe onto cupcakes.
Store leftovers in the fridge.
- Cakes: This recipe makes enough to frost an 8 or 9-inch two layer cake.
- Cupcakes: This recipe makes enough for 12 cupcakes when piped generously (as pictured).
- Storing: This will keep at room temperature for around 3 days. It will keep in the fridge for a couple of weeks. So if you need to make it in advance of a cake, you can do so and store it in the fridge. It does firm up in the fridge, so if it gets too firm, then bring it back to room temperature on the countertop before using.
- Freezing: It's also freezer friendly for up to 3 months. When you're ready to use it, let it thaw in the fridge overnight and whip it up in the stand mixer again before using.
Serving: 1Serve | Calories: 242kcal | Carbohydrates: 34.9g | Fat: 11.2g | Saturated Fat: 4.5g | Sodium: 113mg | Sugar: 34.2g