Vegan Spinach Dip
This vegan spinach dip is cheesy, creamy and makes the perfect dip. It is baked to golden brown perfection with a delicious crusty top. Super easy and fun to make.
For the Vegan Cream Cheese:
For the Onions and Spinach:
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion White, Yellow or Brown, Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 5 cups Baby Spinach (200g) Finely Chopped
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
Add the soaked cashews to the blender jug along with the lemon juice, coconut cream, white vinegar, salt, onion powder, vegan mayonnaise and nutritional yeast. Blend until smooth. Leave in the blender and set aside.
Add the olive oil to a frying pan along with chopped onions, crushed garlic and oregano. Sauté until the onions are softened. Then divide roughly in half, and add half the onions to the blender jug with the vegan cream cheese mix. Blend it in.
Then add the chopped spinach to the frying pan with the remaining onions and sauté until the spinach is wilted.
Pour the cream cheese from the blender into a 9-inch round baking dish. Then add the sautéed spinach and onions and fold in.
Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown and crusty on top.
Serve with crackers or chips or bread or raw veggies for dipping.
- Soak the cashews. Add the cashews to a bowl and then pour boiling water over them. Leave them to soak for 1 hour and then you're ready to start. The weight of the cashews is the weight prior to soaking. So measure/weigh them first, then soak them.
- Coconut cream. We used canned unsweetened coconut cream but you can also use canned, full fat, unsweetened coconut milk.
- Leftovers: Keep leftovers stored in a covered container in the fridge and enjoy within 5 days.
- This recipe was first published in May 2019. It has been updated with extra tips but the recipe itself is unchanged.
Serving: 1Serve | Calories: 257kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 6.2g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 4.7g | Sodium: 307mg | Fiber: 1.9g | Sugar: 2.8g