Vegan Fried Rice
This delicious vegan fried rice is simple, flavorful, veggie packed and ready in 15 minutes! The perfect way to use up leftover rice.
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Medium Onion White, Yellow or Brown, Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Minced Ginger
- 1 tsp Green Curry Paste
- 2 cups Frozen Vegetable Mix (280g)
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 4 cups Cooked Rice
- 1 cup Roasted Salted Cashews (150g)
- 2 Spring Onions Chopped
- ¼ cup Fresh Basil Chopped
Add the sesame oil to a frying pan with the chopped onion, crushed garlic, minced ginger and green curry paste and fry until the onions are softened.
Add in the frozen vegetables and soy sauce and fry that with the onions until the veggies are softened but still firm.
Then add in the cooked rice along with the cashews and chopped spring onions and fresh chopped basil and stir fry together for a couple of minutes until everything is well mixed and heated through.
Leftovers keep well in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- You can switch the sesame oil for olive oil if you prefer.
- You can use red curry paste instead of green curry paste. Just make sure you check the label for vegan friendliness as not all brands are vegan.
- Our frozen veg was a mix of peas, corn and carrots. Any similar veggie mix will work fine.
- If you want this to be gluten-free then make sure to use a gluten-free soy sauce or switch it for tamari.
- If you're making rice from scratch, then just cook 1 cup (200g dry weight) of rice which will make around 4 cups of cooked rice and then use all of it in this recipe. We used basmati rice but any rice will work great.
- Spring onions are also called green onions or salad onions/scallions.
- Prep/cook time assumes the rice is already cooked.
- This recipe was first published in July 2019, it has been updated with extra tips, but the recipe itself is unchanged.
Serving: 1Serve | Calories: 514kcal | Carbohydrates: 62.1g | Protein: 13.1g | Fat: 24.6g | Saturated Fat: 4.5g | Sodium: 750mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6.4g